Thursday, July 29, 2010

Streets of SLO II

I took time out yesterday from annual exam appointments to walk around the town of San Luis Obispo (California). I took pictures using my new zoom lens on my Pentax istd. I love the advent of digital photos and I love this small city of approximately 45,000 people. I passed a shop that works on antique cars.


At the Cowboy Cookie and Grub Shop, I had the Wrangler (an oatmeal coconut rice krispy) cookie. The sales person said I would not be disappointed. And he was right. Yum.


The old mission was a beautiful white-washed structure.

Shop owners and employees were busy getting ready for opening their shops.

Flowers were blooming everywhere around the streets of SLO and along the creek that runs through the middle of the city.

This area seems to attract antique vehicle owners with their automobiles. This Studebaker was parked along the street.

The trees leaves were bright yellow green with light shining through the limbs. I could live in this town in a minute. But with California's high unemployment, work is hard to find in the area.

The flowers of the beautiful Jacaranda trees blossomed everywhere.


13 comments:

Gringo said...

Ah, an S type Jag I believe, that sets the heart beating! ....and the new lense does it proud levonne! But to be honest, your pix are consistently good and I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me!

biebkriebels said...

The photo's are very good, nice colours Beautiful old cars they have there.

Unknown said...

really fantastic... your new lens... what aperture is it? the colors jump and nice compositions

Prettypics123 said...

The aperture of the new lens is F4-5.6 (70-300mm)

Anonymous said...

JAGUAR?
I've never seen red JAGUAR. It's nice color!

Pondside said...

I love SLO. I visited once - long-lost cousins, but that's a long story. I'd love to go back and just explore the town and the hills surrounding.
Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

WOW Levonne - great new toy !
Your images are lovely - the colours are so vibrant.
You must be thrilled with the results - Well Done x

Happytrails said...

Very nice! I especially love it when the light shines through the pic. Nice effect. :-)

Gerri

Suzanne said...

What wonderful images!

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Love the car hood pics!

Helene said...

Thes images give a great overview of the town...Hope you love your new location and have fun with the zoom...

Pat said...

Beautiful photos! I haven't been to SLO for 17 years! We were there for my step-son's wedding. Do they still have bubblegum alley? All of us chewed large wads of apple green bubble gum, even my in-laws, who were in their 70's and 80's, and then spelled our last name and the year in bright green gum on the wall in the alley!

Margie M. said...

Awesome pics. You really know your way around that new lens!