Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween from Levonne and John's RV Adventure


Here is some local lichen that I photographed yesterday at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park (Central Coast California) after an all-night rain. The colors are most beautiful and remind me of Fall and Halloween. Did you know that lichen are not a single organism like plants, animals or fungi? Instead every single lichen is the result of two or more separate organisms living permanently together. I love being a campground host.

(To see a few photos from this shoot, click here.)


5 comments:

carmilevy said...

I can almost feel the texture on-screen. Brilliantly shot, Levonne!

Helene said...

Beautiful...

Sandra said...

Beautiful colors in the background - they make a nice setting for the contrasty branches and the Lichen.
I didn't know that about Lichen.

ruma said...

The autumnal scenery is a soft impression.

Thank you.
ruma

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

I did *not* know that about lichen. Very interesting, and very nice photo!